Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Healthy Living at Trinity University


This first blog is mainly going to me explaining to you what exactly I am planning on doing in the blogs to come. Obviously, as the title implies I want to explain to everyone as best as I can how someone in College (specifically Trinity University) can live a healthy life and avoid the widely feared "freshmen fifteen".

Going away for college is known for causing teenagers to gain weight, most notorious of all the "freshmen fifteen". But have any of the students who have gained the weight ever stopped and asked themselves why? Is it from the easy access to food all day? Is it the lack of exercise? Or is it the lack of knowledge of healthy living? Personally, I believe all three are major factors in gaining weight. In order to have a successly healthy life at college one must be educated overall, in all aspects. Everyone knows to limit their food portions, everyone knows that they should exercise regularly; but without proper education as far as why they should do this it makes no sense. In the blogs to follow I will give tips as to how to work out properly, how to know what to eat (and what to keep an eye out for at TU), and give some personal tips every now and then.

Now I know what you're all thinking, "Well if this guy is preaching then he better be doing everything he says to do." Practice what you preach right? Well, as I go through these blogs I will also be logging my personal progress. Since I came to TU I've done my best to keep the "freshmen fifteen" from attacking my body, and so far so good. I'm no saint when it comes to following the rules, but I plan on showing everyone that you don't have to be perfect in order to live a healthy life, you just have to do the best you can. Hope you're all interested! I'm excited about doing these blogs not only for you, but also for myself. (Now I have to try and make myself look good in front of you all)

No comments:

Post a Comment